Working in partnership through the Stakeholder Forum and, more recently, through specific Focus Groups we have established six priorities and a series of key complementary activities. We have also identified some areas to which we will turn our attention in the future.
The agreed priorities can be summarised as follows:
A skilled and productive workforce, including:
- Advanced apprenticeships and aligning skills provisions to employers’ needs.
Business Investment, including:
- Business start up and entrepreneurship
- Access to finance
- Inward investment
- Engaging our major corporations
Infrastructure and connectivity, including:
- Employment and residential development sites
- Introduction of Local Development Orders
- Working with the Local Better Regulation Office
- Hosting a conference on regulatory barriers to business growth
The Rural Economy, including
- Profiling our commercial advantages to key opinion formers
- Establish a Cheshire and Warrington Ambassadors programme
- Submitting a proposal to establish a Rural Growth Network
- Helping rural businesses exploit the commercial benefits of broadband
Promoting Cheshire and Warrington, including
- Delivering a programme to influence key decision makers
- Establish a Cheshire and Warrington Ambassador’s programme
Future activities will include:
- The low carbon agenda
- Energy security, food security, water supplies, flood risk and waste disposal
The Cheshire & Warrington LEP Business Plan was launched on 28th March.
Click here to download a copy of the Business Plan.
Cheshire & Warrington Enterprise Commission,
Richmond House ,
Gadbrook Business Park ,
Tel: 01606 738083
Fax: 01606 841471